Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "MELIKIAN, Chris" <ch...@bupa.com> on 2010/01/18 10:12:28 UTC

Resolving import scope POMs in the reactor for multi module project

Hi,

We have a problem with import scope dependencies being resolved in the
reactor in multi module project  build.

Take for example a multi module project  build POM "project-pom" which
has two modules in it, "import-pom" and "app-pom", with app-pom having
an import-scope dependency  on import-pom in the dependencyManagement
section.

If we separately build import-pom and app-pom then all is OK

If we clean the repo and build project-pom, then the build-fails as
"import-pom" cannot be downloaded from any repo.

Surely, if import-pom is specified  as a sub-project of a multi-module
project then  the multi-module project should be buildable as Maven can
establish that import-pom is the file referenced in app-pom's dependency
import by matching on g/a/v parameters? Maven seems to have no problem
in resolving parent POMs if they are not built as you can use the
relativePath element but what is needed is first class support  when
building the reactor for both parent POMs and import scope POMs which
aren't in the repo but are part of the current build. I don't think
adding relativePath support for import POMs is the answer.

Is it worth writing a bug report?

Regards, Chris

Visit www.bupa.com for the story of who we are, where we've come from and what we do.
Bupa House 15-19 Bloomsbury Way London WC1A 2BA
Internet communications are not secure and therefore Bupa does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bupa.
Bupa Insurance Limited, Bupa Health Assurance Limited, Bupa Insurance Services Limited and Goldsborough Estates Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
For a list of Bupa's main UK trading companies visit www.bupa.co.uk/html/statements/trading_addresses.html