Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by raulvk <ra...@atosorigin.com> on 2008/04/02 13:08:28 UTC

CBR facilities in ServiceMix

Hi all,

I have a question as to what CBR possibilities ServiceMix actually offers.

On the page: http://servicemix.apache.org/routing.html, you specify that an
option would be to use "XPath based routing and transformations". However,
this seems to use activationSpecs, which are related to static
configurations, or the lwcontainer which is deprecated.

Other options are using Camel, beans or rules engines, but all these operate
outside the Service Bus.

Is there a way of implementing CBR inside the Middleware itself, without
having to resort to external resources?

Regards,

Raul.

Re: CBR facilities in ServiceMix

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Why are you saying that camel, beans and drools are *outside* the bus ?
They run in the same JVM, so feel free to use them.

For CBR, there are lots of options that you can use: camel may be the best
one,
but you can also use drools, saxon or eip components.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 1:08 PM, raulvk <ra...@atosorigin.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question as to what CBR possibilities ServiceMix actually offers.
>
> On the page: http://servicemix.apache.org/routing.html, you specify that
> an
> option would be to use "XPath based routing and transformations". However,
> this seems to use activationSpecs, which are related to static
> configurations, or the lwcontainer which is deprecated.
>
> Other options are using Camel, beans or rules engines, but all these
> operate
> outside the Service Bus.
>
> Is there a way of implementing CBR inside the Middleware itself, without
> having to resort to external resources?
>
> Regards,
>
> Raul.

Cheers,