Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com> on 2002/05/09 21:23:25 UTC

WAR files don't unpack if the webapp is already there

I'm going through the standard compile->edit->test look on some
applications using JBuilder and Tomcat right now. I've got JBuilder
creating a new WAR file in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps on rebuild, but I need to
delete the old webapp directory before Tomcat will notice the new one and
unpack it. Is this a feature of Tomcat? Shouldn't it notice if the webapp
directory is out of date in comparison to the WAR file?
James

Re: WAR files don't unpack if the webapp is already there

Posted by Jeff Larsen <la...@qec.com>.
It's a feature. Sucks, huh?

Posted by Jeff Larsen <la...@qec.com>.
Not sure what you mean by "new ones", but TC 4.0.3 does
NOT unpack wars if the directory already exists regardless
of the "reloadable" flag.

Jeff

Re: We need a FAQ

Posted by "Tulan W. Hu" <tw...@lucent.com>.
found one at http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

Posted by Rick Fincher <rn...@tbird.com>.
We need a FAQ for this list. Is there one already somewhere?

A lot of the questions are answered in the docs, but you have to know where
to find them.

A FAQ with links to the relevant doc pages would be great.

If one doesn't exist, maybe we can make one and just post it to the list
once a week.

Rick