Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by xeon <xe...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/10 15:20:12 UTC

Hdfs questions

Hi,

I am having some difficulty in copy data between 2 HDFS filesystems in
Amazon EC2.I want to try to use distcp2 command to see if I can.

-  Where is the distcp2 command in yarn?

- Is it possible to copy data between HDFS using SSL?

- Has anyone copied data between HDFS filesystems in 2 different regions
in Amazon EC2?

Re: Hdfs questions

Posted by Peyman Mohajerian <mo...@gmail.com>.
In Amazon the best approach and I think cheapest is to first copy to s3,
there is a command in EMR to facilitate that, if you aren't using EMR you
may still be able to install it.

Re: Hdfs questions

Posted by Peyman Mohajerian <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hdfs questions