Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/22 20:17:55 UTC

Items we need to complete for the M1 release

Ok, I've put together a set of items that need to be completed for the
M1 release.  Here are the items I'm aware of:

Ok, the following things need to be done:

1) Get the specs released (up for vote now)
2) Release the various Geronimo subprojects the server is dependent upon
     - Geronimo bundles (I'm currently moving those out of the server
build and getting the license issues sorted out)
     - XBeans blueprint
     - yoko
     - The components components (transaction manager, connector, jaspi)
     - The xmlbeans schema components
     - Our version of tomcat in the external release
3) Sort out how to deal with our current snapshot dependencies.  This
includes (but not limited to):
     - openejb
     - activemq
     - aries (currently up for release vote)
     - pax-logging
     - some servicemix bundles
     - myfaces
     - felix bundlerepository
     - felix karaf
     - juddi
     - tranql-connector
     - openwebbeans (recently added to the build)

Rick

Re: Items we need to complete for the M1 release

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 4/23/2010 10:35 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> One more SNAPSHOT that may be missing from the #2 list below:
>
> geronimo-concurrent_1.0_spec - what are the plans for this?  We're
> using a snapshot in trunk but I don't see it included in the current
> set of specs up for vote.
The concurrent stuff is a bit of a problem.  I suspect we need to just
disable that, since that early experimental version has serious OSGi
split-package issues.  I don't believe the concurrent plugin will even
build at the moment.

Rick

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
On 4/22/10 9:17 PM, chi runhua wrote:
> Any documents that we plan to announce together with M1 release, for
> example, how to build the Tomcat assembly, how to deploy Aries Blog
> sample application, a brief introduction of how Geronimo is integrated
> with OSGi Framework or any other topics? if so, we might need to create
> a new wiki space for G3.0.
>
> Comments?

Yes, I think we need a new wiki page for 3.0.  I was planning to put
some doc out there on how to install & run the Aries Blog and
AriesTrader samples.

Joe

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: Items we need to complete for the M1 release

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Yoko looks ok if I can get the checksum issues fixed.

I've talked with the amq guys and we are going to try to get a 5.3.2 out this week.

My codehaus credentials stopped working (presumably due to jira problems there as well as here) and I'm not getting password reset emails.... will need to straighten this out before I can release tranql.

Currently I plan to make an xbean-bundleutils project from the stuff in kernel, then look at connector and jaspi components.

We actually have rather few plugins excluded from the build.  It might be interesting to see if we can get them all to build for the milestone.
        <!--<module>axis</module>--> (this might be hard, I think I took a brief look)
        <!--<module>debugviews</module>-->
<!--        <module>openwebbeans</module>-->
        <!--<module>plancreator</module>-->
        <!--<module>ca-helper</module>-->
        <!--<module>mejb</module>-->
        <!--<module>monitoring</module>-->
        <!--<module>remote-deploy</module>-->
        <!--<module>sharedlib</module>-->
        <!--<module>concurrent</module>-->
        <!--<module>procrun</module>-->

thanks
david jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Apr 22, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> Ok, I've put together a set of items that need to be completed for the M1 release.  Here are the items I'm aware of:
>
> Ok, the following things need to be done:
>
> 1) Get the specs released (up for vote now)
> 2) Release the various Geronimo subprojects the server is dependent upon
>    - Geronimo bundles (I'm currently moving those out of the server build and getting the license issues sorted out)
>    - XBeans blueprint
-- depends on aries blueprint
>    - yoko
-- up for vote
>    - The components components (transaction manager, connector, jaspi)
>    - The xmlbeans schema components
>    - Our version of tomcat in the external release
> 3) Sort out how to deal with our current snapshot dependencies.  This includes (but not limited to):
>    - openejb
>    - activemq
>    - aries (currently up for release vote)
>    - pax-logging
>    - some servicemix bundles
>    - myfaces
-- done, moved to latest released 2.0.0.
>    - felix bundlerepository
>    - felix karaf
>    - juddi
-- done.  This builds but a server with it doesn't start.  I included it into the build anyway.
>     - tranql-connector
>    - openwebbeans (recently added to the build)
>
> Rick

david jencks