Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/12 19:44:46 UTC

Ganglia configuration gets overwritten on service restart

I'm building a quick debug tool to "dump" some of the metrics collected by
Ganglia, but every time I update ganglia configuration files and restart
the service, my changes get overwritten. Is there a template or a specific
location that I should use to update/customize the ganglia files used by
Ambari ? Or are these code generated files that take in consideration the
cluster deployment blueprint to generate the configuration on every service
restart ?

BTW, this is Ambari 1.7 + HDP 2.2

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Ganglia configuration gets overwritten on service restart

Posted by Dmitro Lysnichenko <dl...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi

Try looking at source code (Ganglia scripts for 2.0.6 get inherited for 2.2)

ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/services/GANGLIA

These scripts/templates are also available at production:
/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/ . After changing any file,
restart ambari-server to force files to be synced with agents.

Hope this helps