Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by sr...@symonds.net on 2002/10/16 19:11:22 UTC

$r->current_callback() returns wrong handler after subrequest

Hello,
	$r->current_callback() is returning 'PerlLogHandler', when called from a
CleanupHandler after a subrequest was handled.

It returns 'PerlHandler' correctly when called from the 'content-handler'.

I am using Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26 with PerlFreshRestart On.

any clues why this is so ?

regards
srp

Re: $r->current_callback() returns wrong handler after subrequest

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

srp@symonds.net wrote:
> Hello,
> 	$r->current_callback() is returning 'PerlLogHandler', when called from a
> CleanupHandler after a subrequest was handled.
>
> It returns 'PerlHandler' correctly when called from the 'content-handler'.
>
> I am using Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26 with PerlFreshRestart On.
>
> any clues why this is so ?

yeah, I think it's a bug.  IIRC, I found a few situations where
current_callback() didn't work quite right, probably when using
internal redirects or other subrequest mechanisms.  I think I filed a
report, which may be in the archives someplace.  you can try upgrading
to 1.27, but I don't think it was ever fixed (or really investigated).

sorry I can't be of more help here.

--Geoff