Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Qian Wang <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/16 19:44:34 UTC

questions on log4j deleting folders

Hi guys,
   I have read the manual carefully, looks like it's
cannot delete
some log files. the only set up I see is
log4j.appender.A1.MaxBackupIndex= #number(40), which
means if the number of the log files reach this max
number, it stops creating new log file but instead,
log4j will just delete the last one say log.40.

My question is: is there a way to delete files from
say log.10 - log.40 by using log4j's configuration?

Thank you very much.