Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Samuel B. Matta" <sa...@att.net> on 2020/04/10 05:56:03 UTC

Need update of my Open Office

I upgraded my Mac and now my Open Office does not work.
This is what I get.
Opening 32-bit apps
When you attempt to open a 32-bit app, you will see an alert that the app needs to be updated to work with this version of macOS, or that the app is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.

macOS Catalina

macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra

If you haven't upgraded to macOS Catalina, you can still open and use the app, but you should check with the app developer for a 64-bit version that also works with the latest macOS.

Re: Need update of my Open Office

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 00:56:03 -0500
"Samuel B. Matta" <sa...@att.net> wrote:

> I upgraded my Mac and now my Open Office does not work.
> This is what I get.
> Opening 32-bit apps
> When you attempt to open a 32-bit app, you will see an alert that the app needs to be updated to work with this version of macOS, or that the app is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.
>
> macOS Catalina
>

> macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra
>
> If you haven't upgraded to macOS Catalina, you can still open and use the app, but you should check with the app developer for a 64-bit version that also works with the latest macOS.

You should download the latest version for Mac from
http:/www.openoffoce.org/download/
And install it.

The Apple Gatekeeper application may complain:

For a solution read Q05/A05 in

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283&p=420635&hilit=Mac+FAQ#p420635

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>