Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@shapeblue.com> on 2017/09/28 10:50:39 UTC

instantiation problem

H devs,

The following issue related to your https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1971 happened to me. I added a comment there but as it is closed I would like to ring a bell here as well.
In Apache CloudStack, we have the the long overdue need to move to log4j2 so I gave a stab at it and one of the obstackles is a thing called SshHelper. It gets instantiated with a logger from a test class but the error as mentioned in above ticket occurs: Caused by: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.apache.logging.log4j.spi.Provider: Provider org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jProvider not a subtype
It is only mentioned there and not the central topic.
Is this familiar or a known issue mentioned in another ticket? We load in log4j 2.9.1 using maven and java 1.8.0

Kind regards, (a.k.a.) dahn

Daan Hoogland
Senior Software Developer
s: +31 61400 4545  |   d: +44(0) 20 3603 0540
e: daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com  |  w: www.shapeblue.com  |  t:  @shapeblue
a: 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK

Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England &amp; Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

IaaS Cloud Design &amp; Build    |    CSForge - rapid IaaS deployment framework
CloudStack Consulting    |    CloudStack Software Engineering
CloudStack Infrastructure Support    |    CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses

Re: instantiation problem

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks Ralph, I’ll have a shot

On 2017/09/28 14:33, "Apache" <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

    Can you try with the latest code in master? This may have been fixed.

    Ralph

Senior Software Developer
daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com