Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org> on 2022/10/05 03:01:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] Changing the minimal supported version of Hadoop to 2.10.2

Hi everyone,

Little over a year ago a discussion thread was opened on changing the
minimal supported version of Hadoop and bringing that to 2.8.5. [1] In this
discussion thread, I would like to propose to bring that minimal supported
version of Hadoop to 2.10.2.

Hadoop 2.8.5 is vulnerable for multiple CVEs which are classified as
Critical. [2] [3]. While Flink is not directly impacted by those, we do see
vulnerability scanners flag Flink as being vulnerable. We could easily
mitigate that by bumping the minimal supported version of Hadoop to 2.10.2.

I'm looking forward to your opinions on this topic.

Best regards,

Martijn
https://twitter.com/MartijnVisser82
https://github.com/MartijnVisser

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/81fhnwfxomjhyy59f9bbofk9rxpdxjo5
[2] https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-25168
[3] https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-26612

Re: [DISCUSS] Changing the minimal supported version of Hadoop to 2.10.2

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
For those that are interested, I have a draft PR open for this
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/21128 - Feel free to have a look.

I'm not sure yet why the Flink CI fails, since these tests are passing
locally.

Thanks,

Martijn

Posted by Matthias Pohl <ma...@aiven.io.INVALID>.