Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Rico (privat)" <ri...@gmx.de> on 2005/11/02 03:19:55 UTC

failed to resolve GroupId javax-persistence

Hi,

for correct compiling an hibernate project with annotations the ejb jar
file is need too. So my pom.xml file has one more dependency:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax-persistence</groupId>
      <artifactId>ejb</artifactId>
      <version>3.0-public_review</version>
    </dependency>

But Maven says following:

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax-persistence/ejb/3.0-public_review/ejb-3.0-public_review.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax-persistence/ejb/3.0-public_review/ejb-3.0-public_review.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: javax-persistence
ArtifactId: ejb
Version: 3.0-public_review

  javax-persistence:ejb:3.0-public_review:jar

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

What goes wrong?

Rico

Re: failed to resolve GroupId javax-persistence

Posted by Buntingster <bu...@gmail.com>.
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>javax-persistence</groupId>
>      <artifactId>ejb</artifactId>
>      <version>3.0-public_review</version>
>    </dependency>

In the repository (and the command that you used to install...) I see
this artifact with groupId "javax.persistence" - you appear to be using
"javax-persistence".

-Jared

Re: failed to resolve GroupId javax-persistence

Posted by "Rico (privat)" <ri...@gmx.de>.
Before I used that lib I installed it first in my local repository:

mvn install:install-file
-Dfile=D:\src\entwicklung\java\api\hibernate-3.1\annotations\lib\ejb3-persistence.jar
-DgroupId=javax.persistence -DartifactId=ejb -Dversion=3.0-public_review
-Dpackaging=jar

So it exist local, but why Maven want to copy that library again from
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 ?

Rico