Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Abel MacAdam <ab...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/17 12:57:46 UTC

Jetspeed and MySQL?

Hi,

At the moment I'm bootstrapping Jetspeed-2. After finding out I had a
corrupt installer, and finding a new one, I could start the installer. At
one moment the installer asked my to what database it should connect. I
choose MySQL (which I re-installed for Jetspeed). This is what I filled in:
Database User Name: root
Database Password: <MyRootPassword>
JDBC Connection String: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jetspeed
JDBC Driver Classname: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
JDBC driver:
D:\lib\mysql-connector-java-5.1.6\mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar

As database user name I choose the same username and password as for my
MySQL installation. Is that the wise choice, or should I choose something
like:
Database User Name: <jetspeed-user>
Database Password: <MyJetspeedPassword>

The JDBC driver is also newly installed, in the location I indicated above.

When the installer tests the database connection I get a "Connection to the
database failed". What am I doing wrong?

Abel

Re: Jetspeed and MySQL?

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Did you create the database called Jetspeed with access rights for root?
You are trying to connect to jetspeed so it should be there.

Otherwise, your string looks good.

I would not use root for the database user just in case you ever want to
put this into a production environment.
Might as well start with a Jetspeed user that can work with more limited
powers.
For screwing about on your own machine it doesn't matter.

Ron

RE: Jetspeed and MySQL?

Posted by Abel MacAdam <ab...@gmail.com>.

RE: Jetspeed and MySQL?