Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pedro <pe...@layersys.com> on 2005/01/28 02:12:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache service at 100% cpu usage

hie,

i need some help...
i have the last version of apache V2,  Mysql 4.1.9 and php 5.0.3... and the last version of phpmyadmin.
The problem is, when i try to execute one "sql comand" via phpmyadmin and the sql file is "big" (big = 300kb +/-) the apache service go to 100% CPU usage for some minutes... internet explorer some times show time-out, some times the "sql comand" is finished but the cpu load is very hight and is for some minutes...
Sory for the bad description, anyone can help me ?

Thanks

[users@httpd] Apache service at 100% cpu usage

Posted by Pedro <pe...@layersys.com>.
hie,
i need some help...
i have the last version of apache V2,  Mysql 4.1.9 and php 5.0.3... and the last version of phpmyadmin.
The problem is, when i try to execute one "sql comand" via phpmyadmin and the sql file is "big" (big = 300kb +/-) the apache service go to 100% CPU usage for some minutes... internet explorer some times show time-out, some times the "sql comand" is finished but the cpu load is very hight and is for some minutes...
Sory for the bad description, anyone can help me ?

Thanks

PS: this problem don't apear on another server...

Re: [users@httpd] Apache service at 100% cpu usage

Posted by Pedro <pe...@layersys.com>.
ah... but this problem don't apear on another server, the sql is the same...

thanks
Posted by Tim Burden <ti...@burden.ca>.

Posted by Pedro <pe...@layersys.com>.
"Try better use of indexes."