Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org> on 2016/08/16 15:51:12 UTC

3.8, 3.9 release plan

Yesterday, it was suggested on #cassandra-dev that when 3.9 is ready for
release, we release 3.8 with the same code base. My plan is to force
push the contents of cassandra-3.9 branch to the cassandra-3.8 branch,
updating the version appropriately, so we can build/test from the 3.8
branch, as usual.

Any objections to doing this push to 3.8 today, then again when we have
a green light on 3.9 release?

Thanks! Michael

Re: 3.8, 3.9 release plan

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 08/16/2016 10:52 AM, Aleksey Yeschenko wrote:
> No objections, the plan sounds good to me.
>
> In addition to that, prep for pushing 3.0.9 out with 3.9.

Thanks. Yes, 3.0.9 is also up for release, without any branch song and
dance :)

--
Michael

Re: 3.8, 3.9 release plan