Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hohlen, John C" <Jo...@erac.com> on 2003/06/05 19:59:26 UTC

[OT] web.xml configuration problem

I'm using WebLogic 6.1 SP 2 and I can't get the web.xm. <error-page>
configuration to work for exceptions occurring within a JSP.  If the
exception, occurs in Java code (i.e. non-JSP), the error page works fine.
But if it occurs in the JSP, I see a stack trace on the screen instead of
forwarding to the error JSP.  Here's the setting I have in web.xml file:

  <error-page>
    <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
    <location>/jsp/error.jsp</location>
  </error-page>

This should handle every type of exception, right?  In my JSP, I'm
intentionally creating a null pointer exception.  I also tried adding the
following to my web.xml file and it still didn't work:

  <error-page>
    <exception-type>java.lang.NullPointerException</exception-type>
    <location>/jsp/error.jsp</location>
  </error-page>

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,