Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at> on 2007/08/14 09:01:58 UTC

Why was this SPF rejected?

Dear list, I got this message and do not understand why it happened.
protegate5.zmi.at (212.69.162.205) is our mailgate, but when I click on
that openspf.org link now, it writes that the e-mail should have
passed. Has the SPF record been changed, or is there some other
problem? We have over 100 domains on this mailgate, and I never got a
report about problems. Any ideas?

http://www.openspf.org/why.html?sender=dev-return-32597-michael.monnerie%3Dit-management.at%40spamassassin.apache.org&ip=140.211.11.2&receiver=protegate5.zmi.at
> Giving up on 212.69.162.205.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0676/846 914 666                      .network.your.ideas.
// Fingerprint: EA39 8918 EDFF 0A68 ACFB  11B7 BA2D 060F 1C6F E6B0
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C6FE6B0

Re: Why was this SPF rejected?

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
Michael Monnerie wrote:
> Dear list, I got this message and do not understand why it happened.
> protegate5.zmi.at (212.69.162.205) is our mailgate, but when I click on
> that openspf.org link now, it writes that the e-mail should have
> passed. Has the SPF record been changed, or is there some other
> problem? We have over 100 domains on this mailgate, and I never got a
> report about problems. Any ideas?

The infra guys switch out mail servers the other day.  When they did
they forgot to update some SPF records for a day or so.  I believe it
has all been fixed up now.

Michael