Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com> on 2014/02/06 07:56:56 UTC

13.0beta

Hi,
Target player version that is specified in flex-config.xml,
air-config.xml and airmobile.config must have format
[major_version].[minor_version]
where [major_version] and [minor_version] may contain only digits. The
same format must be for the folder name where playerglobal.swc resists:
[Flex SDK]/frameworks/libs/player/[major_version].[minor_version]

For the most recent Apache Flex SDK 4.11 + Adobe AIR SDK 4.0beta + Flash
Player 13.0beta Apache Flex SDK installer creates folder named
'13.0beta' for playerglobal.swc and corresponding entries in
xxx-config.xml files:
<target-player>13.0beta</target-player>

This causes compiler to fail with the error:
Error: Invalid version specified, '13.0beta'

Please fix the installer so that it uses [major_version].[minor_version]
format even for beta versions of playerglobal.swc.

Re: target-player=13.0beta

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Many thanks Om

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: target-player=13.0beta

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Re: target-player=13.0beta

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 7, 2014 1:27 AM, "Alexander Doroshko" <
alexander.doroshko@jetbrains.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, indeed the issue is fixed now.

Welcome :-)

> May I suggest a better fix (probably requiring Installer update): I think
ideally in this case user should see 'Flash Player 13.0 beta' in the
corresponding Installer combo box, but folder created should be named
'13.0'. What do you think?

I was thinking the same thing.  It would be best if this behavior is
incorporated in Alex's new installer.

That reminds me to apply the same fix to sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml as
well.  Will do that in the morning.

Thanks,
Om

carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com