Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com> on 2012/04/19 21:16:25 UTC

HiveColumnarLoader

Hi,
  Im trying to use HiveColumnarLoader to load some Hive data into my pig process.

I have 2 questions.

1. Should the parameters to HiveColumnarLoader be the  complete table schema (all fields) or can it be a limited number of  selected columns ?

2.  I use Pig-0.9 and Hive 0.8  , I get this exception when I load an RCFile;

FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running child : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.columnar.ColumnarStruct.getField(ILorg/apache/hadoop/io/Text;)Ljava/lang/Object;
	at org.apache.pig.piggybank.storage.HiveColumnarLoader.readColumnarTuple(HiveColumnarLoader.java:500)

Any help is appreciated.

Sam William
sampd@stumbleupon.com

Re: HiveColumnarLoader

Posted by Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com>.
Seems like this is fixed in the new piggybank.jar built from 0.9.2 src files..

Sam

On Apr 19, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Sam William wrote:

> Hi,
>   Im trying to use HiveColumnarLoader to load some Hive data into my pig process.
>
> I have 2 questions.
>
> 1. Should the parameters to HiveColumnarLoader be the  complete table schema (all fields) or can it be a limited number of  selected columns ?
>
> 2.  I use Pig-0.9 and Hive 0.8  , I get this exception when I load an RCFile;
>

> FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running child : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.columnar.ColumnarStruct.getField(ILorg/apache/hadoop/io/Text;)Ljava/lang/Object;
> 	at org.apache.pig.piggybank.storage.HiveColumnarLoader.readColumnarTuple(HiveColumnarLoader.java:500)
>

> Any help is appreciated.
>

> Sam William
> sampd@stumbleupon.com

Sam William