Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2019/04/07 11:15:59 UTC

includedInLayout

Hi,

we can get flex "includedInLayout" using css "visibility" property (with
visible/hidden)

I suppose it's not in UIBase for if PAYG reasons, so I can add it as a bead
if there's no other proposal.

thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: includedInLayout

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

I thought we have bead which is doing exactly what your are talking about.
I could also be wrong and it is Disable/Enable bead. I have to search more
repository. :)

Piotr

Re: includedInLayout

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

El lun., 8 abr. 2019 a las 12:59, Kessler CTR Mark J
(<ma...@usmc.mil.invalid>) escribió:

>    For the apps we create we use both cases.
>
> 1.  Make something invisible, but not remove it's layout space.  This
> matches Carlos's example, by allowed a static sized interface even when
> parts are not visible.

This for me should be a bead for modern Royale

> 2.  Make something invisible and remove it's layout space.  Standard
> items, such as hiding interface / buttons / allowing things to collapse.

This is current visible that we have now on UIBase

>     We have used the "includeInLayout" and "visible" properties together
> to replace the states (includeIn and excludeFrom) in some use cases where
> we needed forms with fully created components on loading a popup.  It was
> the only way to get our validation manager to work properly.  For us, Flex
> states never really worked as intended for this scenario even when we tried
> the "creationPolicy='all '".  It introduced quarks for component
> validation.   But that doesn't seem to be a problem yet
>
> I'm ok with any method of doing these 2 (mean hidden and hidden without
> layout), just as long as we can do both.

Right, I think we should have both, the most used baked in UIBase since the
use is huge, the other be available in beads and use in the combination
each edge case needs.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

RE: includedInLayout

Re: includedInLayout

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

maybe is difficult to change that now, since this refactor will imply many
changes in other components and apps.
In the other hand, as you said in flex we found most of the times setting
both vars in mxml or in bindings, so I don't think is good to mimic this
behavior. I think current one is the most used and is ok for me, since is
99% of the cases (or I never need "visibility" until yesterday).

So I think we should instead have a bead for visibility, since this is the
edge case.
We can even create another bead for the flex behavior, so people wanting to
have the same can use both.

IOW, I think we should stick with what we have, since seems what most of
the people uses most of the time, but have beads for the edge cases and
flex cases, since seems more PAYG.

thoughts?

just my 2

Re: includedInLayout

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: includedInLayout

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
@Harbs,

in the following video,

https://twitter.com/ApacheRoyale/status/1115026909363093511

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: includedInLayout

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: includedInLayout

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: includedInLayout

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Nope I said that I could be wrong that this kind of stuff exists. I could
go wrong with my thinking and we have only bead for disable/enable stuff.

Thanks,
Piotr

niedz., 7 kwi 2019 o 23:34 Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>

--