Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Jörg Hoh <jh...@googlemail.com> on 2016/06/07 09:54:58 UTC

timing information for event handler

Hi,

atm I am investigating in a case, where the JCR observation queue seems to
grow and at one point it hits the configured limit, after which observation
performance becomes really bad.

 I haven't found any JCR observation listener being responsible for it
(there are timing data available for them), but I rather think, that the
OakResourceListener isn't able to deliver events fast enough (as indicated
by JMX). According to my understanding the OakResourceListener transforms
JCR observation events into Sling/OSGI resource events; so in my case it
seems that these resource events are handled (sometimes?) slow.

Is there a chance to see how much time individual event listeners are
taking to process an event? And is this processing being done in parallel
(using a threadpool) or is this serialized?

I need to know which event listener is so slow that this queue starts to
fill up. As a workaround we increased the JCR observation size (in Oak as
well as in the OakResourceListener), but I would like to know what exactly
is causing this behaviour at all.

Jörg

--
Cheers,