Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2007/09/18 07:33:16 UTC

Intel C++/Windows XP build failures

Looks like some of the Windows failures have cleared up. We're still
waiting for results on Windows 2000 but hopefully Farid's patch for
STDCXX-543 will have resoled those as well.

Unfortunately, we continue to be having problems in Intel C++ (both
9.1 and 10.0) builds on Windows XP. It might be important that the
failures are isolated to the servers xp64build (XP/EM64T Service Pack
1) and stein (XP/X86 Service Pack 2). The servers xp64build2 (also
XP/EM64T Service Pack 1), box or mug (also XP/X86 Service Pack 2),
don't seem to exhibit the problem in the latest builds.

Farid, please let us know where you stand on this, if you've made any
progress since the last time we discussed it and what we can do to
help. For reference, AFAIK, the last update on this is here:
http://www.nabble.com/Windows-build-failures-tf4379160.html#a12638734

Travis, can you please try to determine the difference between the
"good" and the "bad" servers to see if we're missing patches or what
else could be causing the failures? If there is a problem with the
environment (incorrectly set up compilers, etc.), please let Andrew
know so he can start working on getting it corrected.

Thanks
Martin

Re: Intel C++/Windows XP build failures

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Travis Vitek wrote:

> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> I've asked Tim to get the compilers installed.
>>

> That appears to have done the trick. I've successfully built the library
> and the test driver without trouble, and the tests are compiling now.

Great! There are a couple of successful Intel C++ 10.0 builds
on XP on one of the problematic servers (xp64build1) among our
most recent build results. On our internal page I also see one
successful Intel C++ 9.1 build on one of the other XP servers
that was giving us trouble (stein), with the rest pending. So
it does look like reinstalling the compiler has indeed fixed
the problem. Assuming the rest of the builds go well we'll be
finally able to call our Windows builds good!

Posted by Travis Vitek <tv...@quovadx.com>.

Martin Sebor wrote:

>I've asked Tim to get the compilers installed.

That appears to have done the trick. I've successfully built the library
and the test driver without trouble, and the tests are compiling now.

Travis

RE: Intel C++/Windows XP build failures

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.

Posted by Travis Vitek <tv...@quovadx.com>.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

Posted by Travis Vitek <tv...@quovadx.com>.

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

  I still can't reproduce the problem and I think that problem somewhere
in
installation of the icc.

  Yesterday I've added some additional logging to get some more details
when problem is happened: