Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/09/01 04:16:13 UTC

Re: DyamicProxy

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 02:11, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Currently at
> jakarta-avalon-cornerstone\src\java\org\apache\avalon\cornerstone\blocks\so
>apification\DynamicProxy.java
>
> Should it move to
> jkarta-avalon-excalibur\src\java\org\apache\avalon\excalibur\something ?

yep. Maybe in proxy package or something.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: DyamicProxy

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 18:26, Paul Hammant wrote:
> >yep. Maybe in proxy package or something.
>
> It's moved to Excalibur.
>
> There seems to be several forms of excalbur's jar :
>
>     * Excalibur makes avalon-excalibur-4.0b5.jar
>     * Cornerstone uses avalon-excalibur.jar
>     * Phoenix uses avalon-excalibur-20010827.jar
>
> I have updated the one in Cornerstone (as result of DynamicProxy) change
> but feel nerveous about the phoenix one as I suspect there is a
> "special" situation concerning this.
>
> What's the story Peter and should we not have some consistent naming (if
> only for CVS audit trail) ?

A while back I think we agreed that we would use the
avalon-excalibur-4.0b5.jar form when we didn't need latest and greatest from
CVS and avalon-excalibur-<YearMonthDay>.jar form when we needed a CVS
version. Cornerstone just haasn't been updated in a while ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: DyamicProxy

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

> >yep. Maybe in proxy package or something.
> >
> It's moved to Excalibur.
>
> There seems to be several forms of excalbur's jar :
>
>     * Excalibur makes avalon-excalibur-4.0b5.jar
>     * Cornerstone uses avalon-excalibur.jar
>     * Phoenix uses avalon-excalibur-20010827.jar
>
> I have updated the one in Cornerstone (as result of DynamicProxy) change
> but feel nerveous about the phoenix one as I suspect there is a
> "special" situation concerning this.
>
> What's the story Peter and should we not have some consistent naming (if
> only for CVS audit trail) ?

Hopefully,
- Phoenix is using a jar compiled from avalon-excalibur code on
20010827.
- Cornerstone is being entirely unhelpful in telling us what version of
excalibur it is using
- Excalibur isn't making 4.0b5 (that hasn't been released yet, has it?)
it should either make 4.0b5dev or 20010827 or 4.0b5dev20010827 (etc)

In other words, Cornerstone and Phoenix should specify exactly which
version (if an actual release) or date (if made from cvs between
releases).
I'm not sure what the easiest thing to do with Excalibur is. One of :
4.0b5dev or 20010827 or 4.0b5dev20010827 would seem to make sense.
Thoughts?

This should also apply to all the subprojects.

Charles

Re: DyamicProxy

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.

>yep. Maybe in proxy package or something.

It's moved to Excalibur.

There seems to be several forms of excalbur's jar :

    * Excalibur makes avalon-excalibur-4.0b5.jar
    * Cornerstone uses avalon-excalibur.jar
    * Phoenix uses avalon-excalibur-20010827.jar

I have updated the one in Cornerstone (as result of DynamicProxy) change
but feel nerveous about the phoenix one as I suspect there is a
"special" situation concerning this.

What's the story Peter and should we not have some consistent naming (if
only for CVS audit trail) ?

- Paul