Posted to user@hive.apache.org by BALAKRISHNAN VISWANATHAN <vb...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/11/14 09:40:30 UTC

Jaspersoft reports over Hive

Hi,
We are trying to run "Adhoc queries" from Jaspersoft by connecting to Hive. Can you please help us on running Adhoc queries over Datasources? I tried checking the user manual, but didn't get much of an idea on that.

Any help is highly appreciated
Thanks, Bala

Re: Jaspersoft reports over Hive

Posted by Manish Malhotra <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As per my understanding, the JDBC driver for hive is not scalable, it's a
single threaded model.
Though even if you get handle of Data Access API, the latency to generate
report would be high !!
If you are ok with that , then please checkout the Thrift API and CLI
Driver class code:

http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.7.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/hive/cli/CliDriver.html
( this is bit older version link)

Most probably you need to build a server in between your client and HIVE
MetaStore.

Please this is my understanding, guys please correct me if I missed out
something.

Regards,
Manish