Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Phill Moran <pj...@rogers.com> on 2007/03/25 19:03:31 UTC

OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

I have been struggling with an exception when running my JUnit 4.2 tests. It
complains about not supporting table per class inheritance not supported when
running under Maven. I was not getting the same error when I ran all the same
code and and tests under eclipse. The only difference was I was using the older
9.1 versions of toplink/toplink agent jars. When I switched my dependency to the
9.1 in Maven the problem went away.

I am assuming this is a bug in the new 2.0.X.X toplink jars. I am not sure if
this has been flagged although I know it is not in Jira for 0.96.

Phill

RE: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

Posted by Phill Moran <pj...@rogers.com>.
This is exactly what happened and I added my own implementation when I tried to
test and got nothing. Well bye bye toplink

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

RE: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com>.
However, note that you may well want to use JPA when using Toplink. Both
Toplink and OpenJPA are implementations of the JPA specification, so you
might choose to write your application to use JPA (javax.persistence.*)
in your code, and then use either OpenJPA or Toplink as implementations
of the interfaces in javax.persistence.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.

by email and then delete it.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
Phill-

RE: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

Re: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
Phill-

RE: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

Posted by Phill Moran <pj...@rogers.com>.
[...]

Internal Exception: Exception [TOPLINK-7152] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0
(Build 40 (03/21/2007))):
[...]
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [TOPLINK-28018]
[...]
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.ini
tializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1110)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cre
ateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:431)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(Abstra
ctBeanFactory.java:254)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingle
ton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:144)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBe
anFactory.java:251)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBe
anFactory.java:163)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveRef
erence(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:271)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveVal
ueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:128)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.app
lyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1047)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.pop
[...]
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.aut
owireByName(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:862)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.pop
ulateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:810)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.aut
owireBeanProperties(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:273)
at
org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.injectDep
endencies(AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.java:179)
at
org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.prepareTe
stInstance(AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.java:158)
at
org.springframework.test.AbstractSingleSpringContextTests.setUp(AbstractSingleSp
ringContextTests.java:88)
at
org.springframework.test.ConditionalTestCase.runBare(ConditionalTestCase.java:69
)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.ac
cess$001(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:47)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests$1.
run(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:115)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.ru
nTest(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:180)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.ru
nTestTimed(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:153)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.ru
nBare(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:111)
at
org.springframework.test.jpa.AbstractJpaTests.runBare(AbstractJpaTests.java:159)
at
org.springframework.test.jpa.AbstractJpaTests.runBare(AbstractJpaTests.java:239)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at org.junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run(OldTestClassRunner.java:35)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(Abstra
ctDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirec
[...]
(03/21/2007))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: Table per class inheritance is not supported. Entity
class [class ca.BidSpec.emall.categories.AttributeType].
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException.tablePerClassInheritanc
eNotSupported(ValidationException.java:1422)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.MetadataValidator.throwTabl
ePerClassInheritanceNotSupported(MetadataValidator.java:372)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.MetadataDescriptor.setInher
itanceStrategy(MetadataDescriptor.java:901)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.accessors.ClassAccessor.pro

Re: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
Phill-