Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by vivtops86 <vi...@nestgroup.net> on 2010/07/29 12:23:09 UTC

Store product details

Hi,
            I have a welcome page which lists all the products from my
database.How do i store the details of each product so that if i select any
one of them, i could get the details from the request...Please help me as i
am new to this....

Thanks
Vivek

Re: Store product details

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
start with
specialpurpose\ecommerce\webapp\ecommerce\index.jsp and work your way
through the code.

vivtops86 sent the following on 7/29/2010 3:23 AM:

Re: Store product details

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if your using ofbiz for your storage note that there is only one
productID for a product for all stores in a single database.
Now if you using the multitenant, then you would have to go through the
products for each database and put them in the defautl delegator
database. Since there may be conflicts with ProductID you would have to
use the internal name for the ProductID of each database.
it sound from what you are going for that multitenant is the best way to go.

at this point I suggest you expand on what you are doing to get the best
advice.

vivtops86 sent the following on 7/29/2010 8:54 AM:

Re: Store product details

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Vivek:
Sorry, I'm not prepared to detail how to build a new OFBiz application.
There is just too much to cover in a forum of this nature.
BJ's hints are a great starting point.
Best of luck,
Ruth

Re: Store product details

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you can reuse a lot of the widgets of the ecommerce site to accomplish this.
Just have to modify them.
specialpurpose\ecommerce\widget
you can add a widget that show the company as a party and the URL as a
contact mech type electronic address. Then include that in the
specialpurpose\ecommerce\webapp\ecommerce\catalog\productdetail.ftl

vivtops86 sent the following on 7/29/2010 9:50 AM:

Re: Store product details

Re: Store product details

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Vivek:
By "store", do you mean the product store? Do you have multiple product
stores per your instance of OFBiz?

If so, then you will need to study the existing data model a bit. Most
product details are found within the Product entity - but not all. There
are many associated entities used to provide more information about
products.

Most product store details are kept within the ProductStore
entity...beyond that, you will need to figure out what  product details
you are going to compare. That will dictate where you go in the database
to find information.

Associating products with product stores is usually done using catalogs.

Hope that is clear.
Regards,
Ruth

Re: Store product details

Re: Store product details

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi vivtops86:
Are you using OFBiz out-of-the-box or did you write some of your own
screens to do this?

Regards,
Ruth