Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com> on 2016/01/11 19:42:46 UTC

Deploying flows

Hello,

How do I take a flow that I created in my development  environment and deploy it to production?  Is there a way to export and then import it with some way to have different attribute values in dev/production?

-Dave

Dave Tauzell | Senior Software Engineer | Surescripts
O: 651.855.3042 | www.surescripts.com<http://www.surescripts.com/> |   Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com<ma...@surescripts.com>
Connect with us: Twitter<https://twitter.com/Surescripts> I LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/surescripts-llc> I Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Surescripts> I YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/SurescriptsTV>

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.

Re: Deploying flows

Posted by Matthew Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.
There is a REST API that will allow you to export, import, instantiate, and update templates:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/

In addition, I’m working on a Java library (and Groovy shell) to make these kinds of tasks easier.  For your example, from the shell you could do something like:

nifi_dev = NiFi.bind('http://dev.my.com:8080')
nifi_prod = NiFi.bind('http://prod.my.com:8080')
nifi_prod.templates << nifi_dev.templates.’My Template’

I’m not sure that last line works yet, but you can export to file then import:

nifi_dev.templates.’My Template’ >> ‘/path/to/my_template.xml’
nifi_prod.templates << ‘/path/to/my_template.xml’

It’s still very much a work in progress but I hope it proves useful. Source code is here: https://github.com/mattyb149/nifi-client  I’ll get a version 0.2 up to Bintray this week, but you can download (or clone) the folder and run “./gradlew shell” to get to the NiFi Shell.

Regards,
Matt

From:  "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>
Date:  Monday, January 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM
To:  "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>
Subject:  RE: Deploying flows

Thanks.  Is there an API to deploy them?  Or is it manual.  If I update the template, do I delete the existing flow and then re-import the new flow as a template?

-Dave

Dave Tauzell | Senior Software Engineer | Surescripts

O: 651.855.3042 | www.surescripts.com |  Dave.Tauzell@surescripts.com

Connect with us: Twitter I LinkedIn I Facebook I YouTube

RE: Deploying flows

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.

Re: Deploying flows