Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "David Bainbridge (dbainbri)" <db...@cisco.com> on 2005/12/07 15:44:25 UTC

Multiple parts in SOAP binding

Does Axis2 support [currently or planned] multiple parts in the messages
and soap bindings? I am attempting this with version 0.93 of Axis2 and
getting a null pointer exception when invoking WSDL2Java on the WSDL. I
have attached the WSDL.

The relevant portions of the WSDL are the following, with the lines is
question highlighted ...

 1: <message name="LoginEndpoint_webLogin">
 2:  <part name="parameter1" element="ns2:webLoginElement" />
 3:  <part name="parameter2" element="ns2:webLoginElement2" />
 4: </message>

 5: <operation name="webLogin">
 6:  <soap:operation soapAction="webLogin" />
 7:  <input name="LoginEndpoint_webLogin">
 8:    <soap:body parts="parameter1 parameter2" use="literal" />
 9:  </input>
10:  <output name="LoginEndpoint_webLoginResponse">
11:    <soap:body use="literal" />
12:  </output>
13:</operation>

It appears that the addition of the additional "part" element in the
message [line 3] causes the [initial] null pointer exception when
invoking WSDL2Java.

cheers,
/dkb

Re: Multiple parts in SOAP binding

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Can I assume you're using document style?
In that case you may have at most one body part in your message.
(That's the whole idea -- you're sending a document, not RPC parameters.)
You need to define a wrapper element that contains your two login
parameters.

Anne