Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mitchell K. McCuiston" <mm...@trondent.com> on 2005/01/28 17:54:52 UTC

mcastBindAddress problem

I'm having a problem getting my cluster to work as I'd expect.  I have two
physical machines with ip 10.11.0.27 and 10.11.0.28 running Tomcat 5.0.28.
An excerpt from my server.xml is below, with the only differences being
mcastBindAddress and tcpListenAddr per node.  The problem is that when I use
the mcastBindAddress property, each node cannot detect any other members of
the cluster.  When I remove the mcastBindAddress property each node detects
the other nodes in the cluster but each node also detects itself on
localhost <127.0.0.1> for which there is no "Reciever" defined. So there is
a 60 second timeout period that occurs on startup and deploys when it
attempts to recieve session data from 127.0.0.1:4001.  It appears that I
cannot define a reciever on localhost although and even if I could I suspect
that that would be grossly inefficent to transmit session data to itself.
Has anyone else had this problem?

        <Cluster
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
                 managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.Delta
Manager"
                 expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                 useDirtyFlag="true" name="infuzer">

            <Membership
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
                mcastPort="45564"
                mcastFrequency="500"
                mcastDropTime="3000"
                mcastBindAddress="10.11.0.27"
                />

            <Receiver
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListen
er"
                tcpListenAddress="10.11.0.27"
                tcpListenPort="4001"
                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                tcpThreadCount="6"/>

            <Sender
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransm
itter"
                replicationMode="pooled"/>

            <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
                   filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.txt;"
/>

	</Cluster>

Re: mcastBindAddress problem

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev <de...@hanik.com>.