Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sibon Barman <si...@ss8networks.com> on 2000/12/20 15:40:39 UTC

jikes and ant

Has anyone used jikes and ant together. I know jikes automatically creates
Makefiles and checks for dependencies during compilation. I was wondering
how jikes could be used along with ant to achieve the compilation of a
project without writing build.xml at each level of package directory.
The directory structure is :
lib/
classes/
src/
   com/
      company/
          pk1/
             a.java
             b.java
             pk1a/
                c.java
          pk2/
             d.java

Note each indentation shows directory level.
I would like to have a build.xml at the top level i.e. at src directory
which will then call jikes to compile everything under com --- which will in
turn generate the Makefiles and compile them. Has anyone done such a
thing ----- can someone give me some idea on how to solve this problem ---
may be a snippet of build.xml would definitely help.

Also is there any GUI version of the Ant tool available for public?

Cheers,
Sibon

Re: jikes and ant

Posted by Michael van Leeuwen <le...@dsdelft.nl>.
Easiest is to use the Ant Configure task I created. It will automatically
generate the build files for you. Haven't tested it with jikes though, so
I'll be glad if you could do that.

See http://www.dsdelft.nl/~lemval/ant/ . The new version which will be
there Friday (v 0.94) has a modified build.xml file in the support directory
and works around a problem of the -sourcepath variable used for invoking
a Java2 compiler (awaiting a response from one of the developers...).

Be sure to run the setup target on the highest level.

Regards,
Michael.