Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mendiratta, Shashank" <Sh...@intuit.com> on 2012/02/10 14:03:30 UTC

Not able to get threadcount and thread busy metrices in Tocat 7.0

Hi ,
I am facing a problem. We used to monitor tomcat JVM and used to monitor " current ThreadCount " and "current Threadbusy"
Recently we upgraded from tomcat 6.0 to tomcat 7.0.16 and we are not able to get these metrices .
On digging in we found that in tomcat6.0 the thread pool metrices were retrieved by class "org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool "
But in tomcat 7.0 there is no such class instead it is replace by org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor which does not give the above parameters.
So my question is tomcat 7.0 how can we get the above metrices

P.S- > Am new to tomcat so please bear if it is a silly question
Regards
Shashank

Re: Not able to get threadcount and thread busy metrices in Tocat 7.0

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 10/02/2012 13:03, Mendiratta, Shashank wrote:
> Hi ,
> I am facing a problem. We used to monitor tomcat JVM and used to monitor " current ThreadCount " and "current Threadbusy"
> Recently we upgraded from tomcat 6.0 to tomcat 7.0.16 and we are not able to get these metrices .
> On digging in we found that in tomcat6.0 the thread pool metrices were retrieved by class "org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool "
> But in tomcat 7.0 there is no such class instead it is replace by org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor which does not give the above parameters.
> So my question is tomcat 7.0 how can we get the above metrices
>
> P.S- > Am new to tomcat so please bear if it is a silly question

Please start a new thread, rather than replying to an existing one* and
editing the reply/body - which is called thread-hijacking and puts your
new message in the middle of an existing thread, for those of us using a
threaded conversation view.

*  "Using Tomcat7 JDBC Connection Pool"  09/02/2012 16:21

--

[key:62590808]