Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Shannon Eric Peevey <sp...@unt.edu> on 2004/01/22 07:47:42 UTC

[Fwd: Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.04]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.04
Date: 	Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:37:34 -0800
From: 	Dooley, Michael <Do...@con-way.com>
To: 	'richter@dev.ecos.de' <ri...@dev.ecos.de>, 'speeves@unt.edu'
<sp...@unt.edu>

Hello,

I seem to have a problem and am unable to find any forums for some help. Was
wondering if you could help point me in the proper direction.

When a user goes to a webpage I am trying to set it up so they are
automatically authenticated, then based on the username they get accepted or
denied.

I have read your docs on AuthenNTLM and also I don't see much in the way of
examples I think I have it set up properly.

I have the prereq module already installed. Was curious if you have ever had
this error before. It is using a default setup for httpd.conf. And I have no
special configuration for mod_perl it is also the default.

Apache Ver: Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.8.0 (This is a
Solaris 8 on E3500)

<Location /test>
PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenNTLM
AuthType ntlm
require valid-user
PerlAddVar ntdomain "CONWAY QGATS006 CNFQS022"
PerlSetVar defaultdomain CONWAY
PerlSetVar ntlmdegub 2
</Location>

Everytime I goto http://myunixmachine.com/test I get this error in my
error_log.

[error] [client 10.40.11.138] Can't locate object method "port_get" via
package "APR::SockAddr" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/Apache/AuthenNTLM.pm line
519.

Mike

Re: [Fwd: Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.04]

Posted by Shannon Eric Peevey <sp...@unt.edu>.
Shannon Eric Peevey wrote:

> I seem to have a problem and am unable to find any forums for some help.

The modperl@perl.apache.org list has people who are familiar with this
module, and help maintain it. :)

> I have read your docs on AuthenNTLM and also I don't see much in the
> way of
> examples I think I have it set up properly.

> Apache Ver: Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.8.0 (This is a
> Solaris 8 on E3500)
>
> <Location /test>
> PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenNTLM
> AuthType ntlm
> require valid-user
> PerlAddVar ntdomain "CONWAY QGATS006 CNFQS022"
> PerlSetVar defaultdomain CONWAY
> PerlSetVar ntlmdegub 2
> </Location>
>
> Everytime I goto http://myunixmachine.com/test I get this error in my
> error_log.
>
> [error] [client 10.40.11.138] Can't locate object method "port_get" via
> package "APR::SockAddr" at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/Apache/AuthenNTLM.pm
> line
> 519.
>
> Mike

Besides a few typos, your config looks good (ntlmdegub) ;)  Thanks for
pointing this out.  APR::SockAddr::port_get has been deprecated in
mod_perl/1.99_12, in favor of APR::SockAddr::port.  I have made the
changes locally, and after a bit more testing, will upload the new
version later today, or tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads-up!!
speeves
cws