Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Nimi W <ps...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/01 18:39:40 UTC

Launching Tasks in a TaskGroup with Port Mapping

Hi,

I'm trying to move a task that is being launched with LAUNCH to
LAUNCH_GROUP in order to launch multiple related tasks simultaneously.

Each task is a docker image that listens on the same port (ex. port 80).
What I want to do is setup port mapping such that each image listens on
port 80 but its mapped to a different port on the host.

When using the docker containerizer with LAUNCH this just means setting the
PortMapping field on the TaskInfo's ContrainerInfo's NetworkInfo. However
doing the same in the ExecutorInfo seems to have no effect.

Here is the ACCEPT call I've tried so far:

https://gist.github.com/nemosupremo/6db9657073313b6392af935427fddc89

Re: Launching Tasks in a TaskGroup with Port Mapping

Posted by Nimi W <ps...@gmail.com>.
Enabling port mapping requires enabling bridge mode with the mesos
containerizer. This guide in the marathon docs was useful for getting my
agents setup:
https://github.com/mesosphere/marathon/blob/bdacc18b17131ce327af2edce0c94cc101f3431a/docs/docs/networking.md#enabling-containerbridge-mode

After that I only had to set the appropriate network name in the
NetworkInfos