Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Greg Steuck <gr...@nest.cx> on 2002/10/05 02:01:58 UTC

Re: Comparing 2 Configuration hierarchies

    Marcus> 	I was just wondering if anyone had written any code to
    Marcus> compare 2 Configuration hierarchies before ?

I didn't, but it should be quite easy to do. Configuration has just
enough methods to cover equality comparison. AbstractConfiguration
equals(Object) seems to be a good place for the functionality you are
seeking.

    Marcus> 	Or would it be easier to do this at some lower level
    Marcus> with DOM ?

I'd say Configuration and DOM are on about the same abstraction level.

Thanks
Greg