Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/03/17 12:52:35 UTC

[GENERAL] Reduce the number of default site reports

Hi all,

I have noticed the Site-generation taking significantly more time for the last few weeks.
While it was ok in the beginning, I think we have to reduce this.

I would like to reduce the auto-generated reports to their minimum. For example should we have the JavaDoc for the API module, but not for all protocol and driver implementations.
Users shouldn’t use these anyway and I guess no PLC4X core developer has ever looked at the JavaDocs on our website.

Also I will start some profiling to find out which maven mojos take the most time and try to reduce this to a sensible minimum … 60minutes or so of site-generation is inacceptable IMHO.

What do you think?

Chris

AW: [GENERAL] Reduce the number of default site reports

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Chris,

full ack from my side and thanks for taking care!

Julian

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Betreff: [GENERAL] Reduce the number of default site reports

Re: [GENERAL] Reduce the number of default site reports

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok, so I guess this was successful ...

Generation time seems to have dropped from 60 to 20 minutes ... still smoothing some edges, but I hope two full days working on only HTML and CSS (Geee ... you can't imagine how I hate CSS) seem to have not been for nothing.

And @Andreas Oswald, you you run the following command, it will only generate the site for the main module (the one you are probably working on)

     mvnw clean site site:stage -pl .

The "-pl" argument will restrict it to the "current module" (root) ... that should really speed up things for you.

Chris

Am 18.03.19, 08:30 schrieb "Andreas Oswald" <an...@outlook.de>:

    Hi all, hi Chris,

    I´d be happy about shorter time cycles between editing and seeing the results so shorter site generation time would be great for me. So thanks for taking care of that.

    Andreas

Posted by Andreas Oswald <an...@outlook.de>.
Hi all, hi Chris,