Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "wkoorn@xebia.com" <wk...@xebia.com> on 2014/08/11 09:54:36 UTC

Why does JackRabbit use Lucene 3.6 and not 4.7?

I'm trying to combine two libraries in my single jar web app: ElasticSearch
and JackRabbit.

The former depends on Lucene 4.7 which is quite up-to-date where the latter
depends on Lucene 3.6 which is quite older.

Is there any specific reason why the latest JackRabbit (2.8) is still on
Lucene 3.6?

Regards, Wilco.

Re: Why does JackRabbit use Lucene 3.6 and not 4.7?

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
Jackrabbit's integration with Lucene is quite deep, which makes
upgrading to newer Lucene versions difficult. So far there wasn't enough
cases for upgrading and no one was willing to bit the bullet and work on
an upgrade.

Michael