Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@nospam.visi.com> on 2005/05/10 18:15:54 UTC

1.02 vs 1.1 snapshot project.xml parse problem

Hi,

A project.xml file that works with 1.02 causes this problem when run with a 1.1
snapshot:

org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException: only whitespace
content allowed before start tag and not \uef (position: START_DOCUMENT seen
\uef... @1:1)

Besides meticulously reviewing the file, I did a "genapp" with the 1.1 version.
1.1 successfully parsed the project.xml.  I diffed, hex viewed, and just could
not see a problem.  I am at my end of ideas as to what is wrong!

Does anyone know what is \uef and/or its hex value?

Besides manually typing the file again, any advice??

Re: 1.02 vs 1.1 snapshot project.xml parse problem

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@nospam.visi.com>.
Thanks Brett.  I had the same thought!  I tried Eclipse, UltraEdit, and XMLSpy.
Argh!

I finally just saved the file under each, tested, and only XMLSpy corrected the
problem.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.