Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> on 2016/07/18 07:06:35 UTC

Add committer to podling

Hello!

I'm wondering what the right way is to add committers to a podling with a git repository. According to this page, we add them to the incubator ldap group:

http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#karma-podling <http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#karma-podling>

but I wanted to confirm because this other page seem to say something different:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#who-auth-karma

Thanks,
-Flavio

Re: Add committer to podling

Posted by Markus Geiß <ma...@live.de>.
Hey John,

depending on the help you are looking for, I may can give a hand. Let me know your plan and the things you like to improve.

Cheers

Markus

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 1:36 PM +0200, "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>> wrote:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#who-auth-karma
This section seems to only refer to websites, and would only be true for
SVN based websites hosted under incubator.  Most websites are either
standalone in SVN or slowly moving to git.

You would need Ted or another VP to add someone to the incubator group in
whimsy to give them write access to a git repo.

Fixing this website is my end of August goal, in case anyone's looking to
lend a hand.

John

Re: Add committer to podling

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: Add committer to podling

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Flavio,

It should just be an incubator LDAP change.