Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2007/05/15 11:35:57 UTC

WODEN-3 Schema-0016 contribution

Sriram,
thanks for making your first Woden contribution - a great first step!
Could you please use this process to contribute code:
1. add your description of the change as a comment to JIRA WODEN-3
2. create a patch file showing the code differences and upload this to
WODEN-3

If you have not already signed up for a JIRA ID, you can do so by clicking
'login' (top right) and 'signup'.

JIRA allows the developer community to easily track contributions and
maintain history. The patch file makes it easy to see what the changes are
and can be applied to the existing code, rather that just replacing the
entire existing file(s).

For testing take a look at
WSDLDocumentValidatorTest.testTestAssertionSchema0016(). You can run this
with Junit.

I will do some developer documentation, but unfortunately that's unlikely
to happen until later next week.

thanks,
John Kaputin

"sriram m" <sr...@gmail.com> wrote on 14/05/2007 16:55:02:

> John,
>
>         Per your previous email, I took a look at the Woden-3 JIRA.
> The JIRA seemed self-contained as you mentioned and simple for me
> start with. I have made the necessary changes. Please read below for
> the changes

> WODEN-3
> Change Description:
> As described in the relevant JIRA(WODEN-3), I have modified
> testAssertionSchema0016 method to accept a QName instead of a
> namespaceURI. Within the method, I get the NameSpaceURI and the
> localpart from the QName supplied. The reportError will then use
> both the namespace and the localpart to log an error.
> The error message has been modified to
> "Schema-0016 = The component ''{1}'' refers to the XML Schema
> namespace ''{0}''. But this namespace is not available. In order to
> reference components from a XML Schema namespace the namespace must
> be imported or defined inline."
> with the {1} referring to the local part and {0} referring to the
namespace.
> I have also modified the 2 calls to this testAssertionSchema0016
> method to send QName instead of the namespaceURI.
>
> John - I have not tested this against any WSDL or a JUnit test case.
> I was hoping you would walk me through how you guys do that on this
> project (refers back to the developer guide I was looking for). I
> have attached the modified Class WSDLDocumentValidator and the
> Messages.properties files with this email.

> Next Steps: I will test these changes once I hear back from you.
> Since I do not have "commit" rights, I believe some one will review
> these changes and commit it to the source upon testing.
>
> Regards,
>                Sriram
>  [attachment "WSDLDocumentValidator.java" deleted by John
> Kaputin/UK/IBM] [attachment "Messages.properties" deleted by John
> Kaputin/UK/IBM]

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: WODEN-3 Schema-0016 contribution

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Sriram,

Arthur's on vacation this week. You'll likely hear from him next week.

Lawrence

"sriram m" <sr...@gmail.com>
05/17/2007 01:51 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: WODEN-3 Schema-0016 contribution

John,

           The WODEN-3 JIRA has been updated with the patch files.

  When you add documentation for new dev, please add the requirement that
the code needs to be under Subversion (on any such SCM tool) for patch
generation. I had to back out the changes I'd made and start the process
all over, for the Subversion tool to generate the patch files.

 I had sent a note to Arthur Ryman about frag-ids - he mentioned that he
will provide me info on a related JIRA. I havent heard back from him yet.

 I'll wait for your feedback on this (WODEN-3) JIRA changes. Was there
anything else that I can may be take a look at?

    Sriram

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sriram,
I've been away for a couple of weeks, but have now followed up on Arthur's
posts regarding WODEN-3.

I have renumbered assertion Schema-0016 to Schema-1066 via WODEN-149. I have
also uploaded a new patch for Messages.properties to WODEN-3 with an
improved message for Schema-1066.  Would you like to apply that patch file
to your development sandbox and then redo your patches for
WSDLDocumentValidator and WSDLDocumentValidatorTest? (remember to check that
your new patch files contain only your changes).

thanks,
John Kaputin.

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
John,

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Sriram,

Posted by sriram m <sr...@gmail.com>.
John,

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Sriram,
The source code for Woden's junit tests is in the /test directory in
Subversion - [woden project]/trunk/java/test.  The binary jar file of the
tests is not packaged in the release zips (that is, it's not downloadable
from builds.html), but you can create it by running the 'buildAll' ANT
target in build.xml in the top level Woden project directory in Subversion
 - [woden project]/trunk/java/build.xml.

John Kaputin

http://incubator.apache.org/woden/dev/1.0/builds.html

Posted by sriram m <sr...@gmail.com>.