Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steve Burling <sr...@umich.edu> on 2006/06/19 17:23:50 UTC

Cocoon entity catalog debugging (was Re: Cocoon config: chasing namespace URIs?)

--On June 18, 2006 10:21:59 PM -0500 Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>
wrote:

> Here is the best solution for your problem:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/catalog.html

To which I reply:

This is great.  The only problem is it doesn't seem to work :-(.

I've upped the verbosity level for Cocoon's entity-resolver to 10, and I
can see in the Tomcat log as Cocoon starts up that it's processing the
w3c/catalog file, and defining the "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
entity, but when I load the Cocoon-processed page with the template
document that references that entity, I don't see a corresponding set of

resolvePublic ...
Resolved public: ...

entries, and if I watch with 'ngrep' (as the Cocoon document above
recommends) I can see the fetch going out to w3.org.

I've stared hard at the file that contains the DOCTYPE, looking for subtle
case-mismatches, without luck.  If anyone has some hints about how to
figure out what's going on, I'd really appreciate it.

--
Steve Burling                                    <ma...@umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779

Re: Cocoon entity catalog debugging (was Re: Cocoon config: chasing namespace URIs?)

Posted by Steve Burling <sr...@umich.edu>.
--On June 21, 2006 2:05:24 AM -0500 Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>
wrote:

> Did you copied the entities directory into your cocoon webapp/WEB-INF dir
> [1]?

To which I reply:

It's already there.  And the samples that relate to catalogs *do* show
being resolved to the local catalog.

I'm mystified.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Steve Burling escribió:
> --On June 18, 2006 10:21:59 PM -0500 Antonio Gallardo
> <ag...@agssa.net> wrote:
>
>> Here is the best solution for your problem:
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/catalog.html
>
> To which I reply:
>
> This is great.  The only problem is it doesn't seem to work :-(.
>
> I've upped the verbosity level for Cocoon's entity-resolver to 10, and
> I can see in the Tomcat log as Cocoon starts up that it's processing
> the w3c/catalog file, and defining the "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
> Transitional//EN" entity, but when I load the Cocoon-processed page
> with the template document that references that entity, I don't see a
> corresponding set of
>
> resolvePublic ...
> Resolved public: ...
>
> entries, and if I watch with 'ngrep' (as the Cocoon document above
> recommends) I can see the fetch going out to w3.org.
>
> I've stared hard at the file that contains the DOCTYPE, looking for
> subtle case-mismatches, without luck.  If anyone has some hints about
> how to figure out what's going on, I'd really appreciate it.
Did you copied the entities directory into your cocoon webapp/WEB-INF
dir [1]?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

[1]