Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Schleicher Johannes <j-...@gmx.at> on 2005/04/18 15:56:28 UTC

External Actioncall

Hello

I am developing a mobile solution where pda's connect to a server an
submit data via a Servlet Call. I want to switch to turbine but see no
way to model this functionality straight with turbine. As far as i know
there are two possibilites.

1. Extend web.xml and add a Servletdescriptor, imho not very elegant and
a work around the (turbine) mechanism.

2. Generate a page with a single action and call it, which would imply a
change within the client code.

I hope anybody can help.

Best regards

John

Re: Error.vm

Posted by sergiu gordea <gs...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>.
Tanveer Dhillon wrote:

>HI..
>I m using velocity with turbine. When we get an error ,error.vm is called.
>Is there a method to print the corresponding error on the error.vm page.

you can try $data.getSystemErrors()

 Sergiu

Error.vm

Re: External Actioncall

Posted by Schleicher Johannes <j-...@gmx.at>.
Hello

Re: External Actioncall

Posted by mphee <mp...@jump-technologies.com>.
What would the benefit of using turbine be?

You should be able to do this, but you couldn't use the security layer unless
the clients login'd in first.

You can do this though.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:56:28 +0200, Schleicher Johannes wrote

Re: External Actioncall

Posted by Paulo Schlup Santos <pa...@isnet.com.br>.
John,

I would use neither. The best ways would be to use a "plain" layout
template to render plaintext, or implement a new Screen as a RawScreen
and output the data as an OutputStream. The second option allows you to
send binary data as well and directly from Java, without the use of
Velocity Templates. It allows you to have more control over the actual
data sent. When dealing with handhelds and cell phones, issues like the
end-of-line characters used (\n versus \r\n) are very important and hard
to maintain using templates. I would recommend treating plain-text data
as a binary stream.

Best regards,
Paulo Schlup Santos
www.Wiaxis.com