Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Tim Almdal <Ti...@ACCESSBC.com> on 2001/03/29 23:06:52 UTC

Soap Fault: no signature match

I had a simple server running that took an integer and return the date/time
as string and it was working.

I started messing around with XML encoding and changed it to accept an
org.w3c.dom.Element as a parameter and then return an org.w3c.dom.Element .
Not getting this to work, I changed it to accept an integer parameter and
return an org.w3c.dom.Element. I then got the following message:

SOAP-ENV:Server / GSApi.GSApi.PongGate(int) -- no signature match

Thinking that I could restore the original code and life would be grand and
my code would work once more... Lo and behold I got the following message

SOAP-ENV:Server / GSApi.GSApi.PongGate(int) -- no signature match

Any ideas on what obviously simple thing I have overlooked? Any insight
would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running IIS 5.0 and Tomcat on windows 2000 professional.

Thanks

Tim