Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Greg Albrecht <gb...@undef.net> on 2004/11/19 19:12:50 UTC

spamd not reading local.cf

spamd running as uid 'spamd', qmail-smtpd calling qmail-scanner,
qmail-scanner calling spamd. (same problem if run as root).
sa 3.0.1.
freebsd 5.3-release, qmail 1.03, qmail-scanner 1.24.

synopsis:
if i pass the GTUBE message to SA via spamc, my localprefs are read and
the message is treated as desired. however, if i pass the message to SA
via spamd, the message is not treated as desired, namely, spamd ignores
the rewrite_header and report_safe arguments. in fact, the message is
marked as spam in the headers, but there is no indication in the body of
the message that it is spam (regardless of my indicating report_safe 1
or 2).

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:
rewrite_header Subject *SPAM*
report_safe     2 #i've tried 1, it doesn't work either.

spamd log attached.

thanks,
-xs

--