Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mpriour <mp...@kestrelcomputer.com> on 2008/09/05 00:52:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Custom content-type filter Or httpd.conf setting

I want to rewrite the Content-Type header of a response from a cgi program.
The cgi program directly sets a Content-Type header which is not text/plain
or any other text/* type. Therefore the default content-type, default
charset, mime.type and magic do not have any effect on the Content-Type
header.
Also since the output is from a cgi program with no extension, and the cgi
program also produces responses with other content-types that I don't want
modified, Add Type & Force don't seem to be valid options.
So I have an XML based response being sent out with an
"application/vnd.ogc.gml" content-type and I want to ensure that all
Content-Type header set to "text/xml; charset=utf-8".
What is the best way to go about this?
I'm running apache-2.0.61 on 64bit Linux Slackware
Do I need to write a custom ContentFilter or is there some way to set
options in httpd.conf, .htaccess, or other such file that would make this
content-type modification automattically?