Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chirag Dewan <ch...@yahoo.in.INVALID> on 2023/05/01 13:00:29 UTC

Command to Dynamically Remove Listeners

Hi,
We are running a Kafka cluster in Kubernetes. We have a use case where we are trying to dynamically remove advertised listeners from a side car container if our Kafka cluster loses heartbeat with our other application service. And ofcourse add if the heartbeat is ever a success.
I tried using kafka-configs to do that. But couldnt figure how to use the command:

kafka-configs --bootstrap-server localhost:9090 --entity-type brokers --entity-name 0  --alter --delete-config 'advertised.listeners'

I tried using all these:

listeners
advertised.listenerslistener.name.PLAINTEXT-9094

but it gives an error for each -  Invalid config(s): advertised.listeners
So first, am I missing something here? How does this command suppose to work?
Second, is this the right way to handle this use case?
Thanks in advance,Chirag