Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by vpl <vp...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/19 16:50:06 UTC

struggling with MessagePatternFilter. Please Help

Certainly a dummy question but need to resolve that urgently now.
I need to subscribe to a topic and carry in the subscribe message (sent to
the wsn-producer) a free string.
I need to get this free string into the NotificationProducer through
InitializeCompleted() of the wsn-producer.
How can I do that ? The NotificaionProducer has a getTopic but this is not
the filter I've created on the client side.
What is the best way to achieve that ?

A small example would be the best for me ...

Thanks you for your support.

Cheers
vpl

RE: struggling with MessagePatternFilter. Please Help

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.
Overriding initializeCompleted() is not the right place.  This method is
called when the NotificationProducer is done initializing, even before
it handles any Subscribe requests.

Since your client is is calling Subscribe, then you need to override
NotificationProducer.subscribe().  This method takes in the Topic passed
in by the client.

I'm not sure why you want to explicitly insert the Topic into the
outgoing message.  When the consumer receives the message, the
NotificationMessage should already contain the Topic associated with it,
if any.