Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Timothy Palpant <ti...@palpant.us> on 2019/02/20 22:31:45 UTC

Aborting a decommission

Hi!

I was wondering if it is possible to abort/cancel a decommission that was
initiated with `nodetool decommission`.

The use case I am interested in is being able to stop a decommission that
is in progress (returning the host to UN state) so that I can deal with
another DN node first, without performing two token ring changes at the
same time.

Relatedly, does the reassignment of token ranges during a decommission
happen at the start of the decommission, or at the end (after all data has
been streamed to the new node)?

Thanks!
Tim

Re: Aborting a decommission

Posted by Dikang Gu <di...@gmail.com>.
Tim, you can restart a node in decommission mode, after that, I will start
as a normal node. But it will be nice to have a tool to do that.

--
Dikang