Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Cooper, Andy" <AC...@Kronos.com> on 2005/10/10 21:01:53 UTC

MyFaces, inputCalendar, JSR-168 portlets

I'm trying to use a popup calendar in a JSR-168 portal container
(specifically, WebSphere Portal Server). I've got things like the tree2
control and the non-popup calendar working happily.

However, when I try to use the popup calendar, I get the infamous
"Error: jscalendarPopUpCalendar is not defined" message.

tag in the JSP file, and the reason for the lack of these tags are the
JSR-168 coding guidelines for JSP's in a portlet. It essentially says
"Portlets generating HTML fragments must not use the following tags:
base, body, iframe, frame, frameset, head, html and title."

The AddResource utility that appears to be used in
HtmlCalendarRenderer.java appears to write out the added CSS and
JavaScript components when triggered by the presence of a <head> or

Which brings me to the point of this email:

- I want to use popup calendars in a JSR-168 portlet
- The included JavaScript resources are not included because there is no
<head> or <body> tag in the fragment, as per JSR-168
- I've tried including the CSS and JavaScript directly, but that doesn't
seem to work:

<link rel="stylesheet"
href="/FacesWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/calendar.HtmlCalendarRend
erer/WH/theme.css" type="text/css"/>
<link rel="stylesheet"
href="/FacesWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/calendar.HtmlCalendarRend
erer/DB/theme.css" type="text/css"/>
<script
src="/FacesWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/calendar.HtmlCalendarRende
rer/popcalendar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong when attempting to include the CSS and
JavaScript files? Alternatively, is there any way to force the writing
of the include for the JavaScript files without requiring a <head> or

Re: MyFaces, inputCalendar, JSR-168 portlets

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
Hi,

I filed the related bug:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-434

Thanks,
  shinsuke

Cooper, Andy wrote:
> I'm trying to use a popup calendar in a JSR-168 portal container
> (specifically, WebSphere Portal Server). I've got things like the tree2
> control and the non-popup calendar working happily.
>
> However, when I try to use the popup calendar, I get the infamous
> "Error: jscalendarPopUpCalendar is not defined" message.

> tag in the JSP file, and the reason for the lack of these tags are the
> JSR-168 coding guidelines for JSP's in a portlet. It essentially says
> "Portlets generating HTML fragments must not use the following tags:
> base, body, iframe, frame, frameset, head, html and title."
>
> The AddResource utility that appears to be used in
> HtmlCalendarRenderer.java appears to write out the added CSS and
> JavaScript components when triggered by the presence of a <head> or
>
> Which brings me to the point of this email:
>
> - I want to use popup calendars in a JSR-168 portlet
> - The included JavaScript resources are not included because there is no
> <head> or <body> tag in the fragment, as per JSR-168
> - I've tried including the CSS and JavaScript directly, but that doesn't
> seem to work:
>
> <link rel="stylesheet"
> href="/FacesWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/calendar.HtmlCalendarRend
> erer/WH/theme.css" type="text/css"/>
> <link rel="stylesheet"
> href="/FacesWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/calendar.HtmlCalendarRend
> erer/DB/theme.css" type="text/css"/>
> <script
> src="/FacesWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/calendar.HtmlCalendarRende
> rer/popcalendar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
>
> Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong when attempting to include the CSS and
> JavaScript files? Alternatively, is there any way to force the writing
> of the include for the JavaScript files without requiring a <head> or

Know more about Breast Cancer
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/pinkribbon/

Re: MyFaces, inputCalendar, JSR-168 portlets

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
You might give the 1.1.1 release candidates a testrun
to my knowledge some showstoppers regarding the calendars
have been fixed.

Werner