Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Roland Kofler <ro...@endlos.at> on 2003/04/02 18:53:11 UTC

CIE CMYK Profile in SVG

Anyone knows how to use CIE ICC Profiles like CMYK in Batik

should i use the profiles provided by JRE like CIEXYZ.pf?
And how can i tell SVG that i want to use CMYK?

cheers
Roland

RE: CIE CMYK Profile in SVG

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

RK> should i use the profiles provided by JRE like CIEXYZ.pf?  And how
RK> can i tell SVG that i want to use CMYK?

    Well, you can provide color definitions in alternate colorspaces
but currently SVG is defined to do all rendering in the sRGB
colorspace.

RK> Anyone knows how to use CIE ICC Profiles like CMYK in Batik

    The real question is how do you want to use the ICC profiles?  You
can not currently say this document is to be processed in the SWAP
CMYK colorspace, you can say use the best sRGB approx of this SWAP
CMYK fill color, but this is _not_ spot color (which is what I suspect
you want).