Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dumitru-Nicolae Marasoui <Ni...@kaluza.com> on 2020/07/30 20:29:05 UTC

409 incompatible schema (after delete subject with permanent=true)

Hello kafka community,
I am getting exception [1] even if i previously remove the culprit subject:

curl -X DELETE 'http://localhost:8081/subjects/global_account_v1-key'

[1]

curl -X DELETE '
http://localhost:8081/subjects/global_account_v1-key?permanent=true'

[1] Exception received:
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SerializationException: Error registering
Avro schema:
{"type":"record","name":"AccountKey","namespace":"com.ovoenergy.global","doc":"A
key for an Account.","fields":[{"name":"accountId","type":"string","doc":"A
globally unique ID for the account, distinct per source system and source
record identifier. This should be deterministically generated from the
source id and source system using a UUIDv5.","classification":"OVO
Internal"}]}
Caused by:
io.confluent.kafka.schemaregistry.client.rest.exceptions.RestClientException:
Schema being registered is incompatible with an earlier schema; error code:
409
Thanks

--

Dumitru-Nicolae Marasoui

Software Engineer

w kaluza.com <https://www.kaluza.com/>

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/kaluza> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/Kaluza_tech>

Kaluza Ltd. registered in England and Wales No. 08785057

VAT No. 100119879

Help save paper - do you need to print this email?

Re: 409 incompatible schema (after delete subject with permanent=true)

Posted by Dumitru-Nicolae Marasoui <Ni...@kaluza.com>.
Hello kafka community,
I fixed this by deleting (permanent=true) a lot of subjects,
Thanks

Posted by Dumitru-Nicolae Marasoui <Ni...@kaluza.com>.
Hello kafka community,